Saturday, March 15, 2008

If I could live for ever ... would I?

Take, for example, Miss Alabama's argument, if you can call it that, given during the Miss America competition in 1994. The competition host asked: "If you could live forever, would you want to, and why?" Miss Alabama answered, "I would not live forever, because we should not live forever, because if we were supposed to live forever, then we would live forever, but we cannot live forever, which is why I would not live forever."

Profound..... But seriously .. what if we COULD live forever? ... How many generations would we really see .. and would we learn from the mistakes of our forefathers ... since .. they would be around???
Even though I believe in Heaven and that at the end of it all, we would be brought to glory to live with our Heavenly Father .. here on a new earth that will be without spot and problem, I would like to explore the fact that we don't live forever. (Starting to sound like Miss Alabama!)

I believe that everything happens for a reason, therefore we can start from the beginning and say that God KNEW that Adam and Eve would sin and that they would fall from grace and no longer be living forever. So that He NEVER planned for us to just go on Living on this earth ... that would actually limit his creativity and His ability to show us off as creatures of Adaptation and change. Imagine for one moment all the people in the world since Adam and Eve, still alive ... ???? .... Simmer on that .... Well for one thing ... we would have some SERIOUS Overpopulation!! . If you think CHINA is bad! .. I also think that we would have lost alot of the Beauty of creation just so that Human kind can survive. Because we already do alot of reclaiming of land for Housing etc.... destroying forests for wood and paper... i mean .. it would be a desolate land .. much like the ones that they show for the year 2050 and stuff ... I mean ... it would be HORRID... and then Technically ... God would have had to create the earth HEAPS bigger than it is now..
So NO .. I don't think we were EVER intended to live forever. Not Now...

Later on After the Rapture and stuff, We will .. because that is the promise that God has made to us ... that we will reign with Him in the New Heaven and the New Earth. So .. then in that case .. God has either A perfect figure of how many people will be inhabiting this new Earth so that there is No overcrowding .... OR .. the New Earth will have no Limitations .... I personally believe both quadrants are true.

New Earth limitations will not be what we experience today ... our mind i think .. still cannot fathom what God has in store. And I actually like it that way ... it keeps life .. and well life after rapture very interesting.... and keeps me Amazed by God.... always :)

So what do YOU think? .... Would you like to live forever????

1 comment:

Lc said...

NICE BLOG.

Hello from Faial Island - Azores.

Come and meet our beautiful island in the middle of the Atlantic...

http://rotadashortencias.blogspot.com/