A Very fascinating fact of this whole journey is People. The People of Tobago are some of the most interesting minded persons that I have ever met ... and they admit it... they ALL know that they don't like to work and that they are lazy. My dad has said it this way, "If you are living in Paradise already, there is nothing else that can motivate you." ..
But i think that it hurts them more than it helps them. Every day activities are done with the utmost PAIN. Here is one experience that I think was the Worst so far!. I walked into a Francis Fashion in Gulf City Mall very anxious to spend some money on a shoe. Needless to say, I could not find anyone to help me get the size that I wanted. i made eye contact with some floor staff but they simply looked away. Finally I decided that I would walk up to the Counter and see if I could get the Cashier (who i really didn't expect to help me) to get someone who could help me. "Hi excuse me," I asked the lady who was counting copious amounts of red dollar bills, "Is it possible for me to get a size in this shoe?" ... pause ... pausee.... she's still counting the money ....she looks up at me ... and yet continues to count the money .... Of course I'm in shock right now .. so I thought that i would give her the opportunity to finish counting her precious red bills. No.... nothing ... she walks away and never even gave me a second glance.
My blood begins to broil.
So i slllowwwly walk away and think tomyself " NAH!".... Going to find someone else, I came across a girl that was on the floor but was helping to do something with the Cashier on the other side. I asked her the same question. Of course, am I surprised?? I got - Cursory glance at the shoe i held in my hand.... then a continuation of what she was doing .... my eyes widened in Pure Madness... I was about to start to behave like a Rarawhoo in de place...
I paused and was very tempted to be rude and ask her if she was planning on getting the shoe...
i walked away assuming that the answer to my unasked question was yes.
About 8 mins after I was not doubting my confidence in her ... I was about to smashe the heel of the shoe into a showcase glass or better yet .. walk out with something in my hand .. and then ask innocently "Oh Great .. that's what I need to do to get some Attention? Can I get a size in this SHOE PLEASE?"
A little bit more and she came back with the size .... I tried it on, moving away almost Apolegically that I interrupted her. The shoe looked horrible on me ... and I was almost to the point of Embarrassment to ask for another one... So I could not find the girl who brought the shoe to me to tell her that it didn't fit. So I am walking around the store trying to find her ... and then I decided that I would simply find another shoe.
Of course I didn't want the other shoe.. so I finally decided that I would leave the Box on a showglass and walk around only with the one that I wanted... As I put down the box i saw the same girl heading upstairs to the storage room. I asked her for the size in the new shoe.
Total disregard to me as she said, "Just check to see if that box there has a red shoe" She spoke to another floor girl, "Because I can't afford dese shoes" ....
So i was left with my jaw wide open and my mouth dribbling.
I was BROILING MAD .. and I really wanted to behave like a Backa yard Hoe! ... but instead I was just persistant ... Why should i really give my hard earned money to these people who money launder all their Money ANWAYS??? .. after walking around again .. i decided .. obviously this was NOT worth it ..
FRANCIS FASHIONS SERVICE SUCKS!!! in TOBAGO ..
I found another one and went throught the same trauma to get some help .. in fact .... I was tired of walking abo
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment