This was my last week with this company .. and it has been quite an emotional journey. I traveled to Dominican Republic, knowing that this was going to be the last time that I would be doing this for this company. I can’t believe that I am FINALLY doing what I should have done AGES ago!! .. but it is better late than never.
As I was leaving the hotel in DR, I met up with my ex boss and told her my decision. I had tears in my eyes, mainly because I was sad to leave a woman who had made me think, she had expanded my horizons, she made me rethink where I wanted to be … she challenged me and didn’t baby me. Thanks for that.
As I left the hotel, I realized that this was going to be my last breakfast here and the last time that I was going to see some of the porters. Not that I would miss them .. but I’m moving to another time of my life, another chapter that should be even more interesting and even more exciting – and I’m looking forward to it.
I got into the plane and oddly enough, there was so much that I had wanted to say to people … perhaps give them more of a hug then anything else .. perhaps get a chance to tell them that I was leaving personally . you only have today. What u want to do tomorrow, only turns into today…. We have no tomorrows .. we only have todays … J
So .. onto the next chapter of my life. It’s been 2 years of me doing nothing. Well not doing nothing .. but doing nothing in my standards. I’m looking forward to taking up the next chapter .. and living a more daring life.. a risky life that will bring more ups and downs, more Failures which will be even more wins…. More lessons.
I’m reading the book “Retire young, retire rich” - it is giving so much motivation. And it’s interesting how I can see… people fitting into my life now. I think that I really did think very small , very myopically. But now, I will live bigger, larger , dream the dreams and not only dream them … but chase them… Miles Monroe once said that your gift is your income.. .and it’s true … I have realized that there is much more to the music than just singing … even tho I think that’s a good talent , that’s not where the wealth is … it’s in the song … it’s in the words and it’s in how it will help and bless other people .. and for that I am excited … becoming a singer is just a very selfish road that I may want to walk along … if I do become a singer than that is great .. but the most important part of it .. is the song .. without the song there is no singer … and that is where I hope that I can capitalize on.
So for now … my dream is large … my dream will expand … my God will support me … wings….. and all !
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment